Amy Derringer Chandler
Amy Derringer Chandler, MSW, LCSW is a relational psychotherapist specializing in trauma, grief and loss, depression, and anxiety. Amy's attunement to and compassion for the profound and enduring impact of parental loss, abuse and neglect create a context for her clients to understand, grieve, and reclaim their sense of identity.
Amy supports individuals and couples within the straight and LGBTQ communities to be the author of their own narratives as they solidify their sense of self, cultivate life meaning and sustain enhancing relationships. With a gentle, grounded strength, Amy engages her clients as guide, witness and fellow traveler.
Amy can be reached at 847-475-7003, extension 30.
Workshops and Trainings This Year
Amy is available to train, present or consult on:
- Introduction to Working with Clients within a Trauma Framework
- Therapeutic Contracts, Assessment, and Boundaries within the Therapeutic Relationship
- Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care Practices
- The Pregnant Therapist: Transference and Countertransference in the Therapeutic Relationship
Education and Credentials
- MSW (Masters Degree in Social Work), 2001, Loyola University Chicago
- LCSW (Illinois Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Illinois Society of Clinical Social Work (ISCSW)